Frequently asked questions
Notice to Job Seekers
What are Agilent’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements?
As a federal contractor and healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law. Please see job postings for additional information.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
Please be aware of fraudulent job offers that are not affiliated with Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Unsuspecting job seekers have reported receiving unsolicited contacts by phone, email or text from individuals purporting to be Agilent employees or representatives. These individuals have been offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. This type of fraud tends to occur through online services including bogus websites, social media accounts, online job boards, or through unsolicited emails or text messages. The fraudulent offers may include letters with the Agilent logo, the name of actual Agilent employees, and phone numbers in an effort to convey authenticity.
Warning Signs of Fraudulent Activity
- If you receive solicitations, recruiting or hiring documentation, advertisements, or emails that contain spelling and grammatical errors, or which are poorly formatted.
- Requests for personal information early in the process, such as your address, date of birth, passport information, social security number, or banking details are also signs of potentially fraudulent activity. Agilent has a confidential and documented communication process for requesting personal information once a formal offer has been made to an applicant.
- If you receive an email from an email address at a domain that is not affiliated with the company (for example, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @live.com, @consultant.com, etc.), or a domain that mimics – but is not actually the same as – the domain used by the company. Agilent email addresses all end with @agilent.com or @non.agilent.com.
- If you applied for a position or received a notice for a position at Agilent and it does not appear on our website, please disregard it.
- Agilent will never ask you to submit for a position via email – we only accept online applications submissions via our Agilent Careers website at https://careers.agilent.com.
- Applicants are asked to participate in an “interview” by chat or email. Agilent does not conduct “interviews” by chat or email.
- Insistence on urgency for you to act on the correspondence received within very short time frames should cause concern and may indicate potentially fraudulent activity.
Important information for job seekers:
- All Agilent job openings are posted on our career page at https://careers.agilent.com where you will be required to submit an application online and register for an account in which you can check the status of your application.
- The typical interview process usually starts with a conversation on the phone with one of our recruiters.
- Legitimate offers are extended through Agilent’s Applicant Tracking System and you will be required to log in to https://careers.agilent.com to view and accept the offer.
- An interview with Agilent will include at least one interview with an Agilent representative, either in person or using videoconferencing technology like Webex.
- Agilent will never request money for the opportunity to apply or work for Agilent.
- Agilent does not require completion of tax forms, bank account or credit card information as part of the recruiting process.
- If you are unsure if a message is from Agilent, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you have been the victim of a crime related to one of these scams, please contact email@example.com and consider reporting the matter to a relevant government entity, such as local law enforcement, the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Search & Apply, Setup Job Agents
- What is the easiest way to find a job?
I have a disability and need assistance, how do I request assistance?
If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply to a job at Agilent?
To apply for a job click the "Apply" button at the top right side of the job posting you are viewing.
How can I be notified about future job opportunities?
To stay informed about future jobs matching your skills and search criteria, please click on ‘Notify Me’ on the upper right side of the page and set up an email-alert job agent. To get the most out of this feature, we recommend keeping your selection broad by specifying fewer search criteria. You can also edit or delete your Job Agents at any time within your account.
What key features can I access by creating an account?
Having a user account makes it easy to fill in your profile and apply for jobs. You can also use the following features:
- Edit Profile: provide your information, including your resume/CV and cover letter. These will be used for all current and future positions that you apply to. You can update your profile at any time. If you're applying to multiple positions, we recommend keeping your information general, highlighting key skills, accomplishments and career goals.
- New Search: use the Search Form to view and apply to open jobs. To apply, click the "Apply" button located in the top right corner of the page. You may apply to multiple jobs. New jobs are posted continually so if you don't find a job opening right now, come back soon and look again.
- My Account: change your password or security questions and answers.
- Jobs I've Applied to: view the status of the jobs you have applied to.
myJobAgent: use this to receive email notifications when Agilent posts new jobs to this website. You can create up to three job agents based on your areas of interest and expertise. Keep your selection broad by specifying fewer search criteria. You can edit or delete your Job Agents at any time and control how often you receive emails. To edit a job agent, use the 'Edit' option in the Action column.
Can I apply for multiple jobs?
Yes, but you must apply for each job one at a time.
Do I apply differently if I am a former employee, contractor, temporary worker, previous intern, student, or employee referral?
No – in all cases you follow the same process of applying online. If you are a previous intern or employee, please let us know on your application.
Do I apply differently if I am an employee referral?
No – in all cases you follow the same process of applying online. If you are an employee referral, please indicate the referral when you are asked how you found out about the job opportunity.
As a current temporary worker or contractor at Agilent, can I apply for open positions?
Yes, you can apply for open positions at Agilent by following the normal application process.
May I email or fax my resume/CV to Agilent?
We would strongly encourage you to take advantage of the many benefits of applying on-line. However, if you don't have access to a computer and would like to send your resume/CV via post, the address to use is:
C/O SOS, LLC
14850 Highway 4, STE A315
Byron, CA 94505-2237
What happens to my personal information once I submit it?
Who should I contact if I need assistance accessing my applicant profile?
If you need assistance with any part of the application process, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com
Prepare for the Hiring Process
I’ve applied to an Agilent job opening – what happens next?
When you apply to a specific job, you’ll receive an email acknowledgment. Then, based on a review of your qualifications, you may be contacted by phone to discuss your experience and the available position. Depending on the outcome of that conversation we may schedule time for you to interview with more Agilent representatives. In the event that a more qualified candidate is selected for the position, you will receive an e-mail message from Agilent encouraging you to apply for other positions.
If I'm selected for an interview, what should I expect?
The interview process is an opportunity for both Agilent and you to determine if Agilent is a good fit. We use behavioral interviewing to learn more about your skills and experiences. Our interviewers will also ask you to discuss your past accomplishments in depth to determine if your background and experience meet the position requirements, and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions about the job, the team and Agilent.
How can I prepare for my interview?
Do your research -
- Review the job posting and identify examples from your work experience which demonstrate required skills and technical competencies. Consider your recent challenges and successes, identifying those which demonstrate your potential for success in the Agilent role. Be prepared to articulate the situation, your assigned tasks, the actions you took and the business outcomes.
- Elaborate on managing priorities, successfully addressing teamwork challenges, making decisions and solving tough problems.
- Review our website and published company information to familiarize yourself with our businesses, customers, and performance culture.
- Consider our customer base: What are they looking for? What solutions does Agilent provide? How does Agilent differentiate itself in the market?
Does Agilent offer relocation and immigration support?
Relocation and immigration support may be available for some positions. The hiring manager or recruiter will provide more detail.
What types of internships or full-time positions are available for my degree/ major?
As a global company, we offer opportunities for internships and new graduates in a variety of functions, including Research & Development, Manufacturing, Information Technology, Marketing, Finance, Sales and Customer Support. You can visit our Student's page to learn more about our campus and intern programs.
I gave my resume to an Agilent recruiter on campus. Do I still need to submit it online?
Yes, please. By submitting your resume/CV online, your information becomes available to Agilent recruiters and hiring managers worldwide.
Agilent does not recruit at my university/school/college. Can I still get a job at Agilent?
Yes! Our hiring is not limited to the schools we visit in person. Please view our job listings to apply for job and internship opportunities. (We also attend recruiting events and conferences around the world where you can meet Agilent representatives in person so please monitor country pages for these details.)
Does Agilent offer training and development support to interns and new grads?
Absolutely. We provide onboarding tools and resources including an orientation program. We also provide training and development, engaging interns and new grads in challenging assignments which foster networking and collaboration, and that support technical and personal growth.
Can I speak to or e-mail a hiring manager or country HR Department to find out about job opportunities at Agilent?
Unfortunately we can't respond to each applicant individually. We encourage you to take advantage of the benefits of applying on-line for positions that interest you. By applying online, you will receive an email communication that your resume was received, as well updates on the status of your application, or in the status of the position. To meet face to face with Agilent representatives, check the Events section for job fairs and other activities in your area.
You have the right to request reasonable assistance if you have a disability or unable to use or access the online job search system due to your disability. Please call +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Use of this option is available only to those needing accommodation related to a disability. View our EEO Statement.